Saturday, June 14, 2008

It took so much effort not to make an effort.

There are a couple guys in my shop that have developed reputations as, and I'm being generous here, slackers. They have to be told exactly what to do, they can't make decisions, and they'll do anything to get out of work.
My main motivation at work is basically to avoid looking like these guys. I don't like working with them, because when we do a job, they're always dragging their feet, and I feel I'd get more done by myself. I pride myself on being low-maintenance, and I don't like drawing attention to myself. I'm best at jobs where I know what needs to be done, and I can be left alone to do it in peace.
Since I'm working this weekend, I've made it a goal to try to finish a few odd jobs around the shop. I've already taken care of some chlorine injectors this morning, and I think I'm going to organise some tools this afternoon. I don't know if anyone will appreciate or even realise what I've done when they come in on Monday, but I don't care. At least I'll feel like I've accomplished something.

No comments: