Sunday, June 22, 2008

A City On A Hill Cannot Be Hidden


Mezzomonte
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Yesterday afternoon, I took a short drive up to a small town called Mezzomonte. Literally translated, it means "half mountain," which is appropriate because it's located about halfway up the mountain. It was a short, 15-minute drive up a narrow road full of switch-backs.


Mezzomonte
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
The town is built on a natural cliff; and when I got there, I saw it wasn't much wider than the road that led up to it. I was hoping to take lots of pictures of Budoia and Aviano from above, but all the buildings were so close together, I couldn't find a good spot.


Overlook
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Still, it was a neat little town, and I found a restaurant with a beautiful view that might be cool to check out sometime.
Whenever a weekend comes along with no major plans, I'm going to take little road trips and try to find neat towns and cool people. Who knows what I'll find?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I hope everything is going well for you. I love your blog. You are so funny, and I love seeing what you are doing these days.