Friday, February 29, 2008

Local Flavour

Today, all the newcomers went on a bus/train tour of some of the local towns. We hit open-air markets, amazing churches built in the 1400s, and chocolatiers with the thickest hot chocolate ever. We ate lunch at La Parca, a restaurant in Sacile, which included two major courses, plus smaller courses before and after. On top of all the food was wine, two desserts, an after dinner liqueur, and espresso. I don't think I've ever eaten so much in my life. Our last stop was at a local winery where we tasted four different wines. The owner/operator spoke pretty good English, and educated us on what to look for and how to taste different types of wine. The Italians take wine pretty seriously, and I'm hoping to learn a lot from them in this area. I kept giggling during the wine tasting because I kept thinking about this:

Sorry if you have to watch an ad before the skit. NBC can be kinda stupid like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good stuff, that SNL. So did you get drunk in front of all these people that you don't know?