Sunday, February 24, 2008

Taking Root

Friday morning, my boss picked me up and took me around the base, including lunch at Mensa, the Italian dining facility. It was some of the best spaghetti I've ever had, and it's crazy how it's just their normal chow hall. Friday night, I didn't do anything, and by Saturday, I was starting to feel kinda lonely. Luckily, Saturday afternoon, I got an invite from Nate to go to the movies and then play Guitar Hero. This morning, we all went to the contemporary service at the Chapel, and then lunch. Everyone I've met here has been super nice, and I'm so glad I knew Shaun before I came.
Still, it's a new environment, and I don't have my own transportation or house yet. I'm finding it hard not to think about Utah and everything that's going on there. I just keep reminding myself I'm in a wonderful new place, and it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. It's just going to take a while to get settled, just like it did when I moved to Vegas, then Japan, then Utah. Everything will fall into place when the time is right.

No comments: