Thursday, February 21, 2008

My Last Pre-Italy Post

Turning in my truck at port today wasn't near as bad as I'd feared, despite some last-minute running around to retrieve some paperwork from a couple different offices. But once I had all that, the actual turn-in process took less than 10 minutes. Now I'm hanging out at the USO in the Baltimore airport, killing time until my flight takes off.
But before I go, I want to give some props to some of my Utah peeps:
1) Caleb and the whole Wendt clan - You guys were the first people I knew in Utah, and you totally made me feel like a member of your family. Your friendship is priceless and I can't thank you enough.
2) John - Because I met you, I ended up meeting a wonderful circle of people. You draw people to you, and have the kind of personality that makes everyone feel special.
3) Brian - You're the most hospitable guy I know. Thanks for opening up your home to so many people, and keeping everything drama-free.
4) Katie - You have the most infectious laugh in the world, and can make me smile just by walking into the room.
5) Johnny - For the past year, I've actually looked forward to going to work. Kudos to your mad peanut butter application skills.
6) Nick - Thanks for defying stereotypes, and hanging out, even when it was inconvenient.
This is a really short list, and there are tons of other people I'd love to thank personally. Utah is a really special place, made even more special by the wonderful people there. I love you guys, and I'm gonna miss you so much.

No comments: