Sunday, February 03, 2008

Sounding Together

Last night, Mark, Scott, Brian, and I went to the Utah Symphony at Abravanel Hall in downtown SLC. It's been quite a while since I've seen a classical music performance, and I'd forgotten how enjoyable it can be. Conducted by Keith Lockhard (also the music director for the Boston Pops), the first half consisted of Sursum Corda by Erich Wolfgang Kornngold and a Concerto for Violin by Miklos Rosza, the latter featuring Robert McDuffie on violin. After intermission was Beethoven's Seventh Symphony. The obvious emphasis was on the Beethoven piece, but most impressive was McDuffie on the violin. The whole evening made me a little nostalgic for my college days as a music major. I'm hoping there will be plenty of opportunity for performances like this in Italy.

No comments: