Friday, February 08, 2008

Reinvigorated

I've been corresponding a lot with my friend Shaun over the past few months. We were stationed together in Japan, and he PCSd to Aviano about four years ago. Since then, he separated from the Air Force but stayed in Italy as a youth minister. He's been giving me advice and information about my move over there.
I've been getting a little overwhelmed this week with deadlines and faxes and appointments. For some reason, it seemed a lot easier when I did this three years ago. I'm tempted to just crawl under my bed and hope everything just takes care of itself.
Then, last night, I got the best e-mail from Shaun. It mentioned trips to France, Austria, and the Czech Republic. It mentioned his large circle of good friends who are more than willing to help me out. It mentioned snowboarding. It totally got me re-excited about this tour of duty, and now all those hurdles between me and Italy don't seem like such a big deal anymore.

No comments: