Monday, February 11, 2008

Eulogy


Sunglasses
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
When I first got contact lenses, I went crazy buying sunglasses. I bought this pair on sale at a Giorgio Armani boutique. I can't even describe how perfectly they fit. Technically, they're not even within regulations, but I wore them to work anyway, and nobody ever said anything. I think the reason why is because everyone knew how good they looked on me (see my profile picture).
They've been to Iraq with me twice, through Japan, and all over the States. They've been kicked, stepped on, scratched, and dropped off a third story balcony. Despite all that, they've somehow held on for over four years.
Last week, I was wearing them while running some errands, and when I got out of my truck, they got knocked to the ground. I don't know why this time was different from any other time, but a screw flew out and a lens cracked. And though it pains me to do so, I'm going to have to put them down. Funeral services will take place tomorrow at 3 PM. But not really.

No comments: