Friday, November 11, 2005

Shot in the Dark

We ENDEXed today. I'm a happy boy. I'm only working on a couple hours of sleep, but that's okay. Hopefully, I'll be able to go to bed at a decent time tonight in my quest to adjust back to a daytime schedule. Since tomorrow is Veteran's Day, I don't have to go back to work until Monday, which should give me plenty of time.
These past two exercises have been rather easy, actually, so I really can't complain. Working the armoury is pretty much a cake job. The only thing I dislike is just being around all those guns. As an armour, I have to carry a loaded M-9 when I'm on duty. The fact I could end someone's life with a gentle tug of my finger disturbs me. I know I'm in the military and all, but still. Even if I was deployed to Iraq (or whichever country we decide to invade next) and I'm totally in the shit, I doubt I would be able to choose between someone else's life and my own. The only possible situation I can think of where I would be able to shoot someone would be if I were directly protecting the life of a friend, and even then, I'd have to aim for the leg or something.
My RST boss, however, is a card carrying member of the NRA, and practically has an aresenal in his house. He likes to joke that he gets aroused at the scent of gunpowder, but I kinda think he's serious. We've had several discussions about protecting one's family and stuff, but it hasn't come to any conclusion other than agreeing to disagree. I just don't think I'll ever have a gun in my house. If someone breaks in, I think I'd be able to do enough damage with one of my Fuji sticks or the didgeridoo.
Anyway, I think I'm gonna go for a run now and try to make myself tired.

1 comment:

Trish said...

Good thing Trish and I have two Fuji sticks, we can double team those suckers.