Friday, November 04, 2005

Confirm Thy Soul in Self Control

I'm really proud of myself. Why? Because two days in a row, I've totally resisted Krispy Kreme Donuts. Yesterday, someone brought two dozen KKDs to work, and they sat right on the table staring at me, but I passed. Today, I was walking by a lady who asked if I would like to partake of the sugary rings of bliss that lay upon her desk, but I politely said, "No, thank you." I am the very picture of will power.
In other news, we're in the middle of the Operational Readiness Inspection (ORI). This is the big exercise for which we've been planning since I got to Utah. I start working night shift tomorrow night, so I'm trying to stay up late tonight. It's only 11:30, and my eyelids are pretty heavy. I'm gonna toss back some tea, so hopefully the caffeine will give me a jumpstart.

1 comment:

Trish said...

you are a better person than I. Due to the rain there was a serious lack of trick-or-treaters and we had all this candy in our apartment and I could stop eating it!
trish