Tuesday, November 22, 2005

One Extreme to the Other -or- What were you eating under there?

I've made a choice. I'm switching (...or, rather, opting). What led me to this conclusion? Well, let's start from the beginning.
As a boy, my mother bought my brother and me briefs. There's nothing wrong with that, but I just never knew any different. Around my junior year of high school, boxers became kinda trendy for us gen-x-ers, so I decided to try them out. After a short period, I started to think, "Gee, this is almost like wearing nothing at all." So, it's no surprise that the boxer phase lasted a short time and segued nicely into the phase commonly referred to as "commando."
Now, if you think I've already crossed the threshold of "too much information," your best bet is to stop reading now. For those of you who continue, don't say I didn't warn you.
Anyway, the commando phase has lasted several years, but it ends today. I'm go back to square one. That's right, I'm pulling on my tighty-whiteys once again!
Why? Several reasons. For one, it's cold here in Utah, and the boys don't like that too much. Also, I'm a big runner, and if I should happen to forget my undies before a run, which has been known to happen, I'll be in pain for a couple days, so I'm thinking it would be in my best interests to develop a habit. And lastly, and probably most importantly, it's all about sensitivity. If you've ever done any research on circumcision, you may have heard that circumcised men tend to be less sensitive in their "special areas" due to less "coverage." I don't really have the choice to be uncircumcised; however, I do have the choice to do whatever I can to keep my special area as sensitive as possible, and that includes not letting Mr. Happy slide around and get rough with Mr. Zipper. I don't want to be totally numb down there by the time I'm 40. I figure it's best to keep everything as stationary as possible. I have to admit, going commando is rather titillating at times, but I've made my decision, and it may take some getting used to, but I'm sure it's for the best. Also, I've heard wearing briefs can slow sperm production, but it's not like I'm planning on impregnating anyone anytime soon.
By the way, I've been told I should try boxer-briefs. I have worn boxer-briefs a few times, and they aren't bad, but I really don't like the way the legs ride up. I may try them again, but most likely, I'll stick to briefs. I'm partial to the Calvin Klein Body Briefs, which currently populate my underwear drawer, but I think I'm going to make a big trip to the mall this evening and purchase a few pair from different designers, just to experiment. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.
So, yeah, I'm a brief man now. I'm not sure how long this phase will last, but I'll keep everyone posted if I make any other major underwear lifestyle changes. I'm sure you'd want to know.

3 comments:

David McLaughlin said...

I like that blog. It's nice to read something about something that is really very important in this world. I guess the only real advice I would have, is experament with colors. Even though you are going back to briefs, it doesn't mean that you have to stop enjoying all the different patterns and colors of the boxer shorts. Colors are fun. The other thing, is skip on the bikini type breafs. Go for something that is going to covor your entire butt. What is even more annoying than the legs riding u on boxer breifs is the cloth on the backside falling into ditches it shouldn't be in. Ditches are dirty..

Homie said...

I tend to like my boxer-briefs, then again some how I stretched the legs out. Not sure how that happens.

Anonymous said...

What does the amount of choices in this category say about the differences between men and women?

Great post and I was just thinking to myself, "I know where Curtis stands on so many things, but what about his undergarment preferance?"