Sunday, November 27, 2005

Maniacs

John, Caleb, and I had been talking all day about what to do tonight. The original plan was to hit up the new hookah bar in downtown SLC, but, after doing extensive research, we couldn't find the address. So, John and I ended up meeting Ryan and Jesse for dinner at a sports bar. Caleb and Tanya were supposed to come, too, but we got some snow (yay!), and Tanya was nervous about taking her car out. After dinner, we had coffee, and then headed down to Area 51. However, this time, it wasn't 80s Night. It was Fetish Night.
I've never really been to a fetish night at a club before, but I have to say, it was a blast. We sort of planned on going, so I brought a pair of BDU pants with me, just in case. I changed in the car, and also had on a skin-tight black t-shirt, and my BDU cap. Most people were dressed in lots of black leather and bondage gear, but there were people there of all persuasions. It was a freak show, and we were totally digging it. On the stage, there was a guy in a weird doctors outfit giving fire massages, which was definitely a bizarre sight. They only have it once a month, so I don't think it's going to get old anytime soon.
I feel like I'm kind of exploring this seedy underbelly of SLC, and I like it.

2 comments:

Trish said...

what's a fire massage?

David McLaughlin said...

That one's all you bro. Not knocking it, just kinda makes me sick inside. Just kidding about that too. But seriously. That one's all you...