Thursday, August 25, 2005

All Understood


Jack Johnson
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Last night, Caleb, Tanya, and I went to see Jack Johnson at an amphitheatre in West Valley (the same place we saw the Steve Miller Band, shown here). I originally bought four tickets for Heidi, Sam, Caleb, and I, but Heidi and Sam had to drop out, so Caleb asked Tanya. We asked everyone we knew, but nobody was able to take the fourth ticket. As luck would have it, we were driving up to the venue, and traffic was bumper to bumper; however, there was a girl on the side of the road looking for a ride, so I told her to hop in. Her name was Katie and she was also in need of a ticket, so I told her she could have our spare. She was so grateful, and I was glad I could help her out.
We found a spot on the lawn and spread out our blanket. It was a beautiful, breezy summer night with a slight chill in the air. The show was sold out and I can see why. Jack Johnson's music is cool and mellow, and he put on a great show. Jack Johnson is a former pro-surfer from Hawaii, and there's no difficulty in hearing his laid-back attitude in his tunes. Definitely great stuff for laying on the beach (or on the lawn).

1 comment:

Kerry said...

far out....sounds lovely:) come visit sis and me in London anytime, Curtis!
It'll be London-tastic.