Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Franks n' Beans

Our squadron picnic was today, and it was pretty much a waste of time. It was nice not to have to be in uniform, but honestly, I think I would rather have been at work. My squadron is full of a bunch of macho idiots who try to prove their manhood by bragging about girls they've bagged and how much beer they can drink. Big deal. Normally, I can handle such people, but when there's a massive herd of them, then it's just too much for me. I won't even get in to the eight giant barbecue grills covered in more kinds of meat than I knew existed. Of course, I really shouldn't complain about that. I don't expect them to cater to my dietary needs, as long as they don't expect me to devour all that seared, rotting animal flesh, but I digress. I left early, went for a run, then came home and watched The Simpsons.

No comments: