Friday, August 05, 2005

Two to the Chest, One to the Head

I somehow got volunteered to be on the Readiness Support Team (RST). Basically, that means that I'm going to be the bitch-boy for readiness people during the exercises. It's not as bad as it sounds, though. I'm sure most of it will consist of guarding weapons during the Phase II part of the ORI, and that consists mostly of sitting in the armory and playing PS2. Whatever it means, it sure beats running around the BORTA in MOPP 4.
As a new member of RST, I have to get qualified on a bunch of different things. Today, I got to shoot the 9mm. Now, I don't really like guns. In fact, I wish they'd never been invented. And I'm not much of a marksman, either. However, when it comes to disassembling and reassembing them, I'm right up there with Forrest Gump.
Tomorrow, I get qualified on ATVs. That's right...I get to drive a four-wheeler up in the mountains for three hours. I just hope I don't break my neck.

No comments: