Wednesday, August 10, 2005

XXXI


I
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Instead of looking upon this date as my 31st birthday, I prefer to see it as the 10th anniversary of the day I became legal.
Time seems to go by quicker as you get older. My friend Dan once explained it me like this: when you're five years old, a year is one-fifth of your life. When you're ten, a year is a tenth of your life. And so on. I guess that's why summers seemed to last forever when I was a kid, and now they fly by in the blink of an eye.
I think I mentioned something on my birthday last year about how great I feel, despite being older than I've ever been. I still feel the same way, even though I look in the mirror and see so many flaws. Bent nose. Crooked lips. Uneven ears. One eye that's always a little more closed than the other. Extra flab around the mid-section. Hair where there should be no hair. Noodle arms. Blemishes. Gray hair. I could go on and on and on. I refuse to stress over it, though. As we used to say in elementary school, "God made me and God don't make no crap!"

No comments: