Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Skipping and Clipping

When I checked my e-mail at work today, there was one concerning Silver Flag, which is basically a big, week-long training exercise that all CE career fields have to attend. This particular time happens to be in September, the same week my Dad is coming for a visit, AND Interpol is coming to town. My heart about skipped a beat when I saw my name on the list. I asked my boss why my name was on there, and he said it was a mistake, which made me feel much better. However, the people who decide Silver Flag attendees have a lot more pull than my boss, so there's still a chance I'll have to go. Yeah, I'm kinda nervous about that.
Other work-related story: I got called to pull RST duty through Wednesday of this week. I've come to find that basically any time Readiness has a lot of work to do, they just recall all the RST people. Today consisted of cleaning a bunch of pallets, which wasn't really that bad. It was leisurely work, and we took our time doing it. Plus, it's nice to interact with a different set of people from time to time.
Completely different story: I got home this afternoon, and was getting ready to hop in the shower, when I decided that my chest is just a little too hairy. So, I pulled out my clippers and went to town. I now see that this was a total mistake. It turned out all patchy and trying to remedy that just made it worse. Also, dark body hair makes you look more tan than you actually are, so now I'm gonna have to do some major poolside lounging to counteract my whiteness. It's tragic. It really is.

No comments: