Monday, November 03, 2008

Ornaments Of My Home

I was thrilled when Scott told me he'd be visiting. Finally, someone I could host and play tour guide and show all the wonders of Italy. But as his arrival got closer, I became a little nervous.
For starters, Scott and I didn't really know each other that well. We'd only met in December, and I left Utah in February. Granted, we'd e-mailed and chatted online quite a bit, but once he arrived, there could have been a total personality conflict.
On top of that, two weeks is a long time to spend with someone non-stop, even if he or she is a good friend. The first night he was here, I told him not to be shy, and if he needed some alone time, it wouldn't hurt my feelings.
Luckily, we didn't encounter any problems at all. There have been house guests I've been happy to see walk out the door, but I was really sad Scott had to head back home. Maybe it was because we had such a great time. Maybe this house is too big for me. Maybe I just miss Utah. Whatever it is, I'm already excited for my next guests, Ben and his friends, who'll be arriving on the 17th.

No comments: