Friday, November 21, 2008

Down In Tuscany

Wednesday, we slept in, and then headed down to Florence. I'd never stayed overnight in Florence before, but we lucked out with a great hostel near the train station. We walked around all afternoon, checking out the Duomo and the Accademia. Again, I'll never get tired of seeing Michelangelo's David.


Duomo
Originally uploaded by currtdawg



Palazzo Vecchio
Originally uploaded by currtdawg



Ponte Vecchio
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
I'd never been in Florence after nightfall, and everything looked really cool.


Ponte Vecchio
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
After walking around, I took everyone to my favourite Florentine restaurant, where we gorged ourselves on pasta and tiramisu.

The next morning, we decided to do some shopping. There are streets and streets full of markets in Florence. I've always been able to resist buying anything, but this time, after much bartering, I picked up a scarf and a trilby that both looked great on me. Everyone else picked up souvenirs, and before heading to the train station, we all had gelato. It was the perfect trip to Florence.

No comments: