Thursday, May 01, 2008

Stretching Out

Today was a day off for the base, for some reason. I don't know why they didn't give it to us tomorrow so we could have a three-day weekend, but I'm not going to complain. Any time I can have off is appreciated, no matter what day of the week it is.
I spent the bigger part of the day working on my house, and I'm feeling a real sense of accomplishment. It's actually starting to look inhabitable. The worst part was trying to find a place for everything, due to the lack of closets or any kind of real storage space (except for a small space beneath my stairs). But now, I'm down to to the aesthetics like arranging bookshelves and hanging pictures. I also need to go shopping for rugs, wall decor, and, most importantly, a new sofa. I'm going to be here for at least three years, so it should be a place I want to be.

No comments: