Friday, May 09, 2008

Extra Hours

I've been working swing shift this week, which is from 1 PM to whenever (usually around 9 or 10, depending on when I finish my rounds). It rotates around our shop on a weekly basis. It's not too bad, especially since I can wake up and walk to the little cafe up the street for a late-morning cappuccino with the locals. The girl that works there already knows what I'm going to order as soon as I walk in.
The only drawback to working swings is that you have to take care of stand-by calls and do rounds on the following weekend. Since I'm supposed to get Monday and Tuesday off as comp time, I asked the boss if I could move those days to Thursday and Friday, giving me a four-day weekend beginning on the 15th. He was cool with it, which means I won't have to take leave when some friends come into town Thursday afternoon.

No comments: