Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A New Found Respect For Home Owners

This is the first time I've ever had a real house all to myself, and it's about exhausting. The yard work alone could take an entire weekend if I were as thorough as I'd like. Italian houses have all tile or wood floors, which require frequent cleaning. And I'll never know how so many cobwebs can accumulate overnight.
And even though I'm settled in pretty well, I still could use a few things to make it feel a little more cozy. The aforementioned tile and wood floors are chilly on bare feet, so I'm always on the lookout for rugs. And even though I have some art and wall decor, I always see bare spaces. Maybe I should just splurge and hire a maid, a gardener, and a decorator. Nah--it might take some time and effort, but it will be better if I do it all myself.

No comments: