Saturday, May 31, 2008

Hoping The TA Is Hot

Yesterday, I signed up the first college course I've taken in eight years. The Air Force pays 100% of tuition for those on active duty, so it's kinda stupid not to take classes. (I still had to pay $112 (!) for my book.) There's no reason why it's taken me so long to get back into it. It's just so easy to get complacent, making it harder to go back.
There are a few different colleges that offer courses on base, the biggest being the University of Maryland, through whom I'll be taking Basic Italian. I'm not expecting to be fluent, but it would be nice to be able to buy a train ticket without Shaun's help. It's a six week course that meets Monday through Friday, 11:00-12:20. I'm lucky to have a boss who's cool with me taking classes over lunch, especially since our lunch doesn't start until 11:30.

No comments: