Wednesday, May 21, 2008

You're No Rock 'n Roll Fun

There's a girl at work with whom I share an office. She was deployed when I first got here, so we've only been working together for about a month, but I think she's pretty cool. She's been in Italy for three years, and she's not very fond of it. I think she stresses too much over things that aren't very important, and would be able to enjoy Italy more if she just relaxed a little bit. But whenever I tell her this, she just says, "Wait till you've been here a few years. You'll be bitter and hate it, just like me."
Considering my military career, I really haven't had a bad assignment. Vegas, Japan, Utah, and now Italy. I find it hard to believe anyone could not enjoy themselves in any of those places. Yet, there are still people who say there's nothing to do, even in Vegas! Maybe I'm just the kind of guy who can amuse himself anywhere, even if he gets stationed in the middle of nowhere, or worse...North Dakota. (Let's pray that never happens.) But if it does, the worst thing I could do would be to dwell on how horrible my situation is. I'm one of those people who think God wants us to have fun. Why can't people just let it go and make the best of it?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

C-dawg -- I'm from North Dakota and for the record, it's really not that bad lol :)