Monday, October 08, 2007

I call the Santa Maria!

I know this day commemorates Mr. Columbus's arrival in the Americas and all, but I'd still consider it a minor holiday. It probably just barely qualifies for getting a day off. Like, just a notch above Valentine's Day or something. It's not like anybody decorates their homes or anything. What are we really supposed to do to celebrate? Dress up in 15th century clothing and go sailing? Maybe introduce a new disease into a foreign culture? Perhaps enslave some people of a different race? Regardless, I'll take the extra day off with no complaints.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm in for sailing! The GSL is great for sailing, used to have a boat out there.

But I agree, it's an odd holiday. But I won't complain because it is a day off work. :)