Thursday, October 11, 2007

Jigsaw Falling Into Place

In case you weren't aware that this is THE MOST IMPORTANT DAY OF THE YEAR, I'll fill you in. Last week, Radiohead announced the completion of their new album, and that it would be available for download as of today. Not for purchase at your local Best Buy. No record companies. Only download. Directly from the band. I love how they're making up their own rules, just because they can. Even better, buyers can pay whatever they want for the album. I chose £3.45, equal to about seven dollars. I figure this is a reasonable amount, and probably much more than they'd get if they chose a more traditional release method.
So, go at once, dear readers, to In Rainbows and pick your price for an album that's been four years in the making. I'm downloading it as I write, and I'm already confident it will be the most brilliant sonic triumph of the year.
And if you're one of those people who just has to have the physical CD in hand, you can wait until December when they release a discbox set, which includes the album plus a second CD of bonus tracks. Yeah, I bought this, as well.
Well, my download is complete, so I'm going to grab a snack, lay back, and prepare to be blown away.

No comments: