Saturday, October 06, 2007

Lazy Eye

Since Monday is Columbus Day, we lucky government workers get a three-day weekend. I have a minimum of activities planned, mostly because most people don't have Monday off. I considered traveling up to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone National Park, but it's cold and rainy outside, and the forecast up there looks even worse. This was probably my last oportunity to see those places before I leave Utah, and it's a shame I haven't made it a higher priority. The weather will be getting worse, and it will be difficult to tour those parks without a snowmobile.
I'm sure the rest of my weekend will consist of lots of napping and laying around, spiked by sudden bursts of energy where I'll go for a run or grocery shopping. It's weird how during the week, not only do I work, but I also tend to be more active when I'm off-duty. This makes the weekends even more appreciated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am another one of those government workers. :)