Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Whirlwind Wayfaring

Last week's vacation was great. So great, in fact, that getting up for work this morning was more difficult than usual. If you want to check out the entire photostream, go here, but I'll post a few pics and discuss highlights starting.....now.

Jay & Me
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
It all began Friday, the 3rd of August. I flew to Dallas right after work, where Jay picked me up at the airport. I hadn't seen Jay in over three years, and he hadn't changed a bit. He took me to his favourite local watering hole, The Londoner, where we had a few pints. Then it was off to other various places for other various activities, including Guitar Hero. We stayed out until the wee hours of the morning, and slept until the late hours of the morning.


Aleric & Abby
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Saturday, Jay took me into town to meet up with Abby and Charis for lunch. Abby mentioned that someone else was joining us, but I was way surprised when it turned out to be Aleric! He happened to be driving through town on his way back to New Mexico. I hadn't seen him in four years, and he hadn't changed a bit, either.


Charis & Becca
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Jay had to go to work, so the rest of us shopped all afternoon, then went to Church, then headed back to Abby's house to catch up. I know I've mentioned this before, but Abby's friends and family are so fun and genuine and amazing.


Me & Abby
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
I love this picture.


Abby
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Sunday, after breakfast, we went to the lake with Carlos, Delinda, Robert, and Josh. The water was great, and we had tons of fun wakeboarding and wakesurfing and skiing.

I left Dallas on Tuesday and flew home to Kentucky. The first couple days consisted of lots of eating out and relaxing and seeing people I hadn't seen in two years, including...

Me & Garah
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
my best friend Garah, who I moved next door to when I was five. We're like siblings.


Me & Rudy
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
And Rudy, our dachsund. I always worry that he won't remember me, but he always does. He has such a funny personality.


Levi & Jon
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Saturday morning, Garah and her family took me out on their boat. This is her husband Jon and their youngest son, Levi.


Isabelle
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
And their daughter, Isabelle (who looks exactly like Garah did when I first met her).


Cale
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
And their oldest son, Cale (who mostly resembles Garah's Dad, Bill).


Volleyball
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Saturday night, my parents threw a big party and invited tons of people. We set up the volleyball net, but didn't really start playing until it was almost dark. I took one to the face, partially due to the darkness, and partially due to Garah's mad skills.


Party
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
I love my parents' back yard. It's a great party place. We had birthday cake and lots of beer. Dad even cooked some veggie burgers for me.


Billy & Me
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
I also met Billy, who was my Dad's friend's daughter-in-law's brother. This kid is a riot.

The whole trip was kinda last-minute, and I'm glad I went. I saw more people than I thought I'd be able to, even though it wasn't for very long. Luckily, I'll be going home again for Christmas. Thanks to Brian for travel to and from the airport, Jay and Abby for letting me crash, Carlos and his family for the use of their boat, Garah and Jon for entertaining me, and mostly to my parents for making sure I was well-fed and happy. You all rock!

No comments: