Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Predictably Unpredictable

I laid around all day Sunday because Friday and Saturday were both exhausting, and I just needed some rest. Yesterday, I got home from work and laid on my bed and didn't move until this morning. Not because I was still tired, but just because I couldn't find the motivation to do anything. And the whole time I was laying there, all I could think was how my post-deployment depression was probably setting in.
But today has been super. I woke up in a great mood, had a productive day at work, hit the gym for an hour after work, and ran errands after that. I'm optimistic and feeling good. Why the sudden change? I wish I knew. Maybe I'm just moody. Maybe it's something to do with the allignment of the planets. Maybe I'm becoming bi-polar. I'd be the first one in my family with any kind of major mental illness.
Moods are such a weird thing. Most of the time, it's circumstances or a certain chain of events that determine how we feel. But what about those days when we just wake up on the wrong side of the bed? Or the days when nothing seems to go right, yet we can't stop smiling? All those brain waves and chemicals in our bodies are doing something, but I'm sure God has a hand in it, too. I just wish I could get a handle on it a little better.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I know what you mean about moods. Somedays I can barely get out of bed and other days I bounce out like a happy little bunny. Who knows why. I guess we just have to have a little faith in God.