Wednesday, February 07, 2007

We Are Family


Me & Mom
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Mom and Dad left this morning. It was sad to see them go, but we had a great time while they were here. We hit up Snowbasin on Sunday, with which they were thoroughly impressed. It was a little misty in the morning, but it cleared up in the afternoon to make a very nice day. My parents are both skiers, and Mom tends to take her time going down the hill; but Dad and I had fun trying to race down. He may be 62, but he's still got some fire in him.


Dad & Me
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
On Monday, we went sightseeing around the greater Salt Lake area, which, of course, included Temple Square. We didn't do the full tour, but we learned quite a bit.


Jazz vs. Bulls
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Monday night, we went to a Utah Jazz game. They were a little sluggish in the first quarter, but regained the lead and beat the Chicago Bulls, 100 - 95. None of us had ever been to a professional basketball game before, but it's something we'd definitely be interested in again.


Me, Dad, & Mom
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Yesterday, we went to Powder Mountain, which isn't as resort-like as Snowbasin, but was much less crowded.

I know they came out here just to see me, but I still felt I should entertain them during their stay; and let me just say, it's not easy to entertain anyone 24 hours a day for four days. I took them to my favourite restaurants, and told them lots of funny stories. I hadn't seen Dad since September '05 or Mom since June '05, and probably won't see them again until Christmas, so I tried my best to enjoy the time they spent here. My parents are so super-cool.

No comments: