Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Yellow-bellied

I take things way too personally sometimes. The other day at work, this guy told me he didn't like me. Those were his exact words. "I don't like you." It ruined my day, and now I find myself trying to be extra nice to this guy in order to gain his approval. How ridiculous! I've never given him any reason I know of to dislike me, so he obviously has some kind of personal issue that I can't really do anything about. If it's his problem and not mine, then why am I so upset over it?
This isn't the first time (nor will it be the last) something like this has happened. Every so often, I cross paths with someone with whom I have some sort of personality conflict. Most of the time, I have no clue there's even a disconnect until said person treats me like shit, and I run away feeling wounded and empty. In females, this is called "sensitivity," but in guys, it's just plain "wussiness." I don't like it, and I wish I could find a way to let stuff like this just slide off my back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just wanted to let you know i love how often you update this thing. you're such an interesting guy. dont worry about those people that for some reason just dont like you. they obviously have something wrong because you're a super easy going guy. ok... hope things are well! ta ta!

nik of www.jimandnik.com