Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Drying Out

I thought my party phase had ended a few weeks ago, but it just kinda kept on going. Then, this weekend, I didn't really drink, except for a beer with dinner on Friday, and a couple with dinner on Saturday. I don't know why, but I still had a great time both nights.
I consider myself a social drinker. I never really set out to get drunk, but when the conversation is flowing and everyone is laughing, I just go with the flow, and it's hard to track how much I've had. Ideally, my aim is to get a good buzz, and then ride it out for the rest of the evening, and I've gotten pretty good at finding the point where I know I've had enough.
Regardless, the fact that I'm taking the time to write this tells me I've been partaking a little too much lately. The next few weekends are pretty much already planned out, and there's going to be plenty of opportunity for downing lots and lots of liquor. Birthday parties. Bachelor parties. Camping trips. Festivals. Will I look back in a few weeks and decide that maybe I should lay off the sauce completely? Even if just for a little while?
We'll see.

No comments: