Thursday, May 11, 2006

Twist and Shout

I'm pretty good at picking my battles, but today at work, somebody upset me, and I couldn't let it go. I argued my point, but he just didn't see it my way. I tried to be diplomatic, and it got me nowhere. I kinda wish I would have just yelled, "Stop being a whiney, little punk-ass bitch and grow up!" But that would have been kind of immature in itself. Maybe it will work itself out, but I doubt it. I avoid confrontation, as it makes me very uncomfortable; but maybe getting out of my comfort zone is what I need in this area. The other night at the ALS graduation, the speaker talked about how being nice to someone may not be what's best for them. Should I assert my authority more frequently? This is something I'm going to ponder for a while.

No comments: