Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A Grand Day Out


Sugarhouse Park
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Yesterday afternoon, I went down to Sugarhouse Park. The intent was to play football with Floyd, Mikey, and a few other people, but I arrived late and then my parents called and I ended up missing the whole football thing altogether. However, I still wanted to enjoy the weather, so I went to another area of the park and layed on a blanket for a few hours.


Sugarhouse Park
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
I also brought a book called "The Curious Indcident of the Dog in the Night-Time" by Mark Haddon. It's written from the perspective of a fifteen-year-old autistic boy who is trying to find out who killed his neighbour's dog. Probably one of the most charming books I've read in a long time.


Sugarhouse Park
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
I really like Sugarhouse Park. It's nice and quiet and the trees are so green and the grass is so soft.


Ducks Approaching
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
As I was reading, I heard some ducks quacking in the distance. I looked up to see they were waddling my way.


Ducks Getting Closer
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
For a minute, I thought they were going to come lay down with me.


Ducks Passing
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
But they passed by.


Ducks in the Shade
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
And went to rest in the shade. I went back to my book. About thirty minutes passed, and I happened to glance up to see...


Ducks!
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
...the ducks right next to me. Freaked me out! They approached very silently, like ninja-ducks, or something. After I took their picture, they waddled away. I think they wanted some food, but all I had was gum, and I didn't think that would be very healthy for them.


Sky
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
This is what it looked like directly above me. I took my shirt off for most of the afternoon, and didn't wear any sunscreen because I wanted to get a little colour. This was a pretty big risk for me, as pale as I am. I ended up getting slightly pink. Not enough to sting, but enough to tingle a wee bit, which is just what I wanted.


Grass
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
This is what the park would have looked like if I were a worm or a snake or a bug or other really small creature.


StoneGround
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Later in the afternoon, my friend Chad called, so we went to dinner at StoneGround, which is one of the best places to eat in SLC. On Sundays, they have all-you-can-eat salad and pizza. We gorged ourselves.


Brewvies
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
After dinner, Chad and I couldn't decide if we wanted to go to a movie or to a bar, so we went to Brewvies, which is the best of both worlds. It's a movie theatre, and in the rows of seats, there is a table and you can get beer and food and stuff. We watched Lucky Number Slevin. It was good, but not great. I'm sure the beer made it better.
All in all, it was a spectacular day. It's good to have a lazy Sunday afternoon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have heard of ninja ducks. I can't say more than this. You better thank God you walked away with all ten toes. Don't ask me how I know.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures make me want to leave work right now. I would be willing to brave those cursed Ninja Ducks.