Saturday, March 11, 2006

Lover, Not a Fighter

You know what I don't like? Aggression. I'll never understand why someone would believe he'll get what he wants by screaming or threatening. That stuff just makes me want to walk away.
Being a male, I'm rather atypical in this respect. Aggression is a very male characteristic, and though I won't deny there are times when my testosterone level gets a little high ("That bitch did NOT just pull out in front of me!"), overall, I consider myself pretty in-touch with my feminine side, so to speak.
There are times when I wish I was a little more "macho," though. Normally, when I see these alpha male type guys who brag about beating people up and banging chicks and eating 47 hot dogs in one sitting, I feel sorry for them. I've always seen it as a way to hide their insecurities. But I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a part of me didn't want to be that way, too. They always seem to be covered in ladies and they have big muscles and drive nice cars. The only manly characteristics I have are gadget addiction, control freak-ness, and a lust-o-meter that's always in the red.
But I guess aggression is just another one of the many things that makes us all different, and we'd all get pretty bored with each other if we were all the same. Thanks, God, for sprinkling a few assholes in the world just to keep things interesting.

2 comments:

Trish said...

Dooce would be so proud of your writing style, "Thanks, God, for sprinkling a few assholes in the world just to keep things interesting."

nicolesy said...

The Dinkins stole the words right out of my mouth. I'm definitely going to have to use the "sprinkling of assholes" phrase randomly sometime this week.