Thursday, March 09, 2006

I'm the guy for whom commercials were invented.

Last week, I was picking up a few things at the B/X, among which was a new box of cartridges for my razor. I've been using the Gillette Mach 3 for several years, and I like it just fine. When I went down the isle with the razors, I saw a big display for the new Gillette Fusion razor.
I was bedazzled.
It's orange and blue (my favourite colours) and it has five blades plus another one on the back for precision trimming. It was kind of expensive for just a razor, but I bought it anyway. I used it for the first time Monday, and I'm pretty happy with it. I mean, it's not like it does the shaving for me, and it's not really THAT much more comfortable than the Mach 3; but I've invested in it, so I might as well use it, right?
Anyway, I guess my point is this: I'm such a sucker for consumerism. If I see an advertisement for a new product, I have to have it. Occasionally, it works to my advantage, but more often than not, my life would have been just as pleasant as if I'd never wasted my money in the first place. One day, I'll learn, but it probably won't be anytime soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can i just say, "Darn you Apple and your enticing continuous emails including the one today about the new Macbook Pro!"