Sunday, March 19, 2006

Democracy Discourse

I could write pages and pages about the deaths of innocent civilians, the deaths of U.S. troops, the costs of the war and of the occupation of Iraq, how we aren't any safer than we were three years ago, and several other subjects. But writing about it doesn't really do a whole helluva lot of good, does it?
Today is the three year anniversary of the day the U.S. invaded Iraq. I've done enough talking. I'm going to act. I encourage everyone to tell his or her congressman, representative, etc. what you want done about things in Iraq. I, for one, am going to start with some serious e-mailing to The Honorable Ed Whitfield of Kentucky's 1st District. If I don't hear anything back, then I'll move on to letter writing and calling.
Of course, I understand not everyone agrees with my stance, but I still encourage them to do something, as well. Elected officials are there to represent all of us, and how are they going to know what to do unless we tell them?
Talk is cheap.
Do something.

No comments: