Friday, March 17, 2006

Alarm Call

After I got back from Texas, I was reassigned to the Fire Suppression shop, which is still in the same zone, but a different area of expertise. I've been back at work for over a month, but, due to lots of paperwork and an exercise, this was the first week I actually got to work fire suppression. And it was great. I'm learning lots of new skills and working with new people and even digging big holes. So much fun.
In other news, I bought some time in the house hunting adventure. I made a command decision, and we're going to stay in our apartment for another month. Trying to find a place in Ryan's absence was frustrating and overwhelming. And I'm hoping we'll be able to find another house as perfect as the one we previously found. Now I'll be able to enjoy the weekend without this house-stress hanging over my head.
By the way, Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone! Have a fun, safe, green beer-filled weekend!

No comments: