Monday, February 20, 2006

Snow Cone


Snowbasin
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Today, I went boarding with Nate, Josh, Shawn, and Shawn's Dad, Keith. I was kinda worried about the conditions because a) it's been bitter cold in Utah for the past few days, and b) there was a 70% chance of snow. However, the conditions were near perfect. We've had quite a bit of snow in the past few days, and it added a nice layer of powder all over the mountain.


Keith, Nate, Shawn, & Josh
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Normally, when I board, I'm all about speed and carving and taking the occassional jump (sometimes on accident). But these guys are balls out all about the aerials. I bit it more today than I ever have, but I also took more risks today, as well. There's probably some life lesson here. Hmmmm.


Snowbasin
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
It was partly cloudy, but the sun shone bright for most of the day. And it seemed warmer up there than it does here in the valley.


Snowbasin
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Aren't the mountains in Utah amazing? Sometimes, living in Utah has its drawbacks, but the scenery isn't one of them.


Shawn, Nate, & Josh
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
This was probably one of the more exhausting days I've spent on the slopes, but I enjoyed every second. Well, except for the time I caught my toe edge way hard and knocked the breath out of myself. Eh, it happens.
Anyway, I'm excited because tonight, Sam is getting Baptised. Also, I'm off work tomorrow. Could this weekend get any better?

No comments: