Wednesday, February 08, 2006

A Place Called Home

I'm back at my flat in good ol' Layton, Utah! I got into my car in Vegas yesterday where it was 75 degrees. When I got out in Utah, it was 31 with snow everywhere. Who knew there could be such a climate change after only six hours of driving?
I only spent one night in Vegas, but it was way fun. Melissa, Andy, and I went to eat at Elephant Bar and had a great time visiting. Damien, their six-month-old son, is adorable. Andy had to work yesterday, so Melissa and I had lunch at The Mediterranean Cafe, one of my favourite places in Vegas.
Since it was the last leg of my drive, it seemed to take forever. I finally got here around 9:30 last night. Since I still have tons of unpacking to do and lots of errands to run, I'm hoping to get a decent photostream up by the end of the week. I should warn you I'm planning on boarding tomorrow, so I can't make any promises. However, I will share a few travel guidelines I learned on my big road trip:

1) Keep water intake to a minimum. Frequent urination is annoying and time consuming.
2) Avoid Wyoming in the winter. Trust me on this one.
3) The 'shuffle' option on the iPod is your friend.
4) It's totally okay to sing.
5) If someone pulls up beside you and stares while you're singing, it's totally okay to start dancing.
6) Licorice is the best travel food EVER. Low fat. Doesn't melt. Very tasty.
7) Texting while driving is even worse than talking on a cell phone while driving. Just don't do it.
8) See as many friends as possible.
9) Have fun!

No comments: