Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Hot Blooded

I had a pretty busy weekend, despite how I felt on the inside. Saturday, I was feeling kinda low and had a chill. I had plans to go to a party at Brian & Ryan's in SLC on Saturday night. Right before I left, I took my temperature, and it was 102. I tossed back a couple Tylenol and went anyway. You know how when your fever breaks, you start sweating for no reason? That happened to me at the party, but I had a great time, and I'm glad I went.
Sunday, I had plans to go boarding. I took my temperature before I left, and it was 99, so I skipped the pills. Big mistake. By the time I got home from the mountain, it was back up to 102. I tossed back a couple more Tylenol, and went to Church.
I was hoping yesterday would be a great day to catch up on laundry and reading and cleaning and maybe a little shopping, but I opted to sleep all day. Now, I normally can't sleep for more than eight or nine hours at a time, but yesterday was an exception. I went to bed around 9:30 Sunday night, and didn't get up until noon on Monday. And that was only to pee, shower, and eat. Then I got back into bed and slept until four. It was great, and I feel much better today.
Anyway, I should totally be asleep by now, but I went to dinner with a friend tonight, and we had coffee afterward, and I totally forgot to make mine decaf, so I'm lying here wide awake, and I have to get up early for PT tomorrow. Hopefully, all the sleep I got yesterday will carry over until tomorrow, and I won't be quite so tired.
Tomorrow night, Ryan and I are going house hunting. Our lease is up at the end of March, and we're pretty desperate to get a house. Apartment life isn't horrible, but it will be nice to be able to play music loud and have parties and get a dog and have a garage. Plus, I wouldn't mind getting something a little closer to SLC, since I've been spending so much time there lately, but I'll be happy with just about anything decent and within our price range.
Ryan and I moved in together in August, but he deployed in September, so really, we've only lived together for about five weeks. After living by myself for so long in Japan, having a roommate again is interesting. Honestly, the dirty dishes in the sink and the car parts in the living room don't really bother me. What I like best about it, though, besides sharing the bills, is that Ryan likes to watch really bad TV. This might seem like a curse, but it's actually a good thing because I just retreat to my room and read. I've finished two books since he's been back. It's great!
Anyway, my mind is still racing from all the caffiene, and there are a million things I could write about right now, but I should probably at least make an attempt to turn off the light and shut my eyes. This was a totally random post about things going through my head. I try to make these entries have some sort of purpose or meaning, but for this one, I just wanted to chat. Thanks for listening, internet!

1 comment:

nicolesy said...

There's nothing like being sick on your days off. Hope you're feeling better :)