Thursday, February 09, 2006

Caller ID

I'm currently hanging out with my buddy Kyle and watching the Grammy Awards. (The Madonna / Gorillaz performance was AMAZING.) A few minutes ago, my phone rang and it was my Mom. My parents have a crew they dine with every Wednesday night, and it's not unusual for my Mom to call me from the car on the way to their engagement. But tonight, it was obvious from the background noise that she was already there. She told me they were all at a martini bar for drinks before dinner, and that everyone agreed I need to have a daughter and name her "Emma Kathleen." She was a little more giggly than normal, and then it hit me. My Mom was doing the drink-n-dial! True, I'm guilty of it from time to time, but I never thought my Mom would be the perp. She told me she'd had two martinis, and I could hear all of her cohorts laughing in the background. It's rare that my Mom has more than one drink, and I bet she was totally feeling the martinis. She told me Dad was their designated driver, which made me feel better.
Yeah, I just had to write about this. I'm still laughing.

No comments: