Sunday, April 17, 2005

Vertigo

When I was boarding yesterday, I was going pretty fast over one particular ridge. I couldn't see the other side, so I knew it was going to be steep, but I had no idea just how steep. The ground went out from beneath me, and I was basically in a free fall for a few seconds. I got that funny, tickly feeling in my stomach. I stopped breathing. And for a moment, it was almost as if I wasn't moving at all.
This morning, during worship, we were singing a song called "The Wonderful Cross" which includes a line that goes, "The wonderful Cross bids me come and die and find that I may truly live." As we were singing, I closed my eyes and just concentrated on the Cross and its place in my life. Have I died? Am I truly living? I literally felt the Spirit of God come down and embrace me. And for a moment, it was almost as if I wasn't moving at all.

No comments: