Wednesday, April 06, 2005

40 Winks

I was working with Randy, the civilian plumber, today, and one of our jobs was to change out a faucet. While we were working, I was laying beneath the sink hooking up the supply lines, and Randy was up top, working on the handles. Randy asked if I could hold on to the assembly underneath while he screwed on the escutcheons. Well, this kinda took a while, and it was right after lunch, and I was a little fatigued, and...um...yeah, I kinda fell asleep...for TWENTY MINUTES! I didn't realise anything had happened until I woke up and came out from beneath the sink and Randy was gone. I went outside to find the truck was gone, too. A few minutes later, Randy came back and acted like nothing was wrong, so I just played along. My guess is that Randy told me he was running back to the shop to get another tool and just assumed I heard him and was still working on the supply lines. All I know is I'm not going to say anything unless he says something first.

No comments: