Friday, April 29, 2005

BodyRock


Moby
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
After working until 6 PM yesterday (that's 3 hours extra!), I decided to go ahead and make the trek down to Salt Lake City to catch Moby in concert. I kept putting off buying a ticket, but luckily there were still some available at the door. I saw Moby once in Vegas in April of 2000, and he put on a spectacular show, so I didn't want to miss it this time.
The opening act was a one-man-band called Buck 65, who was quite interesting (in a good way). He sang a song about what life would be like as a centaur, which made me laugh.
When Moby came out, he was accompanied by a drummer, a guitarist, a bassist, and a keyboardist. He played songs spanning all his albums, which was good because he put out some great stuff back in the early/mid 90s. Some of it was mellow, some uptempo, and some of it was downright rockin'. I was very impressed with the entire performance. My only complaint was the audience. When I see a show, especially one as dance oriented as Moby, I like to dance around a bit. I'm not saying everyone had to be all wavin' their hands up in the air and jumping and stuff, but at least feel the groove. Know what I'm sayin'? I didn't care, though. I just bobbed my head and bounced to the beat and made my own fun.
After the show, as I was walking out, there were several booths set up with tons of information about animal cruelty and being a vegan, so I picked up a few flyers. I also had a nice conversation with a very attractive girl named Autumn. I think I may attend some veggie cooking classes next month in the hopes of seeing her again.

No comments: