Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Spectacle


Velvet Revolver
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Yesterday morning, I was in my shop when I got an e-mail from our First Sergeant regarding free tickets to the Velvet Revolver concert last night. I wouldn't consider myself a big VR fan, but I love live music and you can't really argue with free tickets. So, I went and picked up a couple, figuring I could surely find someone to go with me. And boy, did I! There's this girl named Lana, who is the roommate of Heidi, that I've been kind of infatuated with for a while. She's tall and thin and absolutely gorgeous, and even though we haven't really hung out too much, I decided going to this show together would be a great way to get acquainted. I asked. She accepted. Woo-hoo!
So, I drove up to Ogden and picked up Lana, and we drove down to SLC for the show. The ride down was fun and filled with good conversation. We got to the show and Hoobastank, the opening band, had just started. I really don't like Hoobastank too much, most because of that damn "The Reason" song, but they didn't sound too bad. The set change seemed to take forever, so the conversation between acts wasn't as great as the ride down. Then, Velvet Revolver came out. For those of you who don't know, VR is made up of Guns N' Roses minus Axl Rose plus Scott Weiland from Stone Temple Pilots. Their set was amazing. Scott Weiland is a brilliant showman. They also played a couple STP and GNR songs, which sounded great, and the light show was stunning. I was very impressed by their performance.
The show ended at 11:30, and by the time the parking lot cleared out, I had Lana back home at 12:30. We were both so tired that conversation was at a minimum. After that, I was driving home and saw Sam and we decided to go to Denny's for a very early breakfast. So, by the time I got home, it was 2 AM. I only got a couple hours of sleep last night, but it was totally worth it. I could barely keep my eyes open at work today, and now that I'm home, it probably won't be too long before I'm unconscious.

No comments: