Thursday, April 28, 2005

Blurry

I had an appointment with the eye doctor last week, and asked if I was a good candidate for laser surgery. The doctor said it shouldn't be any problem, and handed me a couple forms to fill out. One had to be signed by my commander; however, my commander was deployed so our acting commander, Captain Lehn, signed it because she has what is called "g-series orders" authorizing her to do so. I asked the secretary if I needed a copy of the g-series orders attached, and she said it shouldn't be a problem. When I took the forms back to the eye doctor yesterday, they told me the Captain should have attached a copy of her g-series orders, proving her authorization to sign my form. So, I go back to the secretary asking for a copy of the orders, but she tells me my actual Commander, Lt Col Kramer, is back and the g-series orders have expired, and I'll have to fill out a new form and get the real Commander to sign it. Back to square one. Isn't red tape the best thing in the world?

No comments: