Thursday, April 21, 2005

Any-hoo...

So much has been going on with exercises and snowboarding and whatnot, that I haven't really had a chance to sit down and write about other miscellaneous goings on in the life of Currt-Dawg. I apologise if this post seems spasmodic, but that's how I'm feeling today.
The deal with Mikey:
He's back in Michigan and he was home for a while, but I called earlier tonight and spoke to his mother who told me he's back in the hospital for a few minor surgeries. They just want to make sure everything is going well and nip a few things in the bud. In the future, he'll be going in periodically for skin grafts and stuff, so he's got a long recovery ahead of him. His mother says he's in pretty good spirits considering everything he's been through. She thanks everyone for their prayers.
Work:
My supervisor is TDY for six weeks, which makes me the boss. And not just the boss of all the plumbers in my shop, but all the electricians and carpenters, too. I've been learning a bunch of new administrative stuff this week. They do things really strange here at Hill, but I'm doing my best to just go with the flow. I'm just hoping my stress level doesn't get too out of hand.
Family:
My parents are the coolest. My brother's wedding is in June, and I'm so looking forward to spending time at home. It will be the first time I've been home in two years. When I talk to my Mom, she tells me all the stuff going on in preparation for the wedding, which will be in my parents' back yard. My brother is a no-frills kind of guy, so the wedding is going to have a very informal tropical theme and everyone is supposed to wear Hawaiian shirts and shorts. It's gonna be great.
Life in Utah:
The weather here is more erratic than I've ever seen anywhere, but I kinda like it. It never gets boring. I really like the city of Ogden. They have a wonderful downtown area with tons of neat shops and restaurants. My friend Heidi works at this little delicatessen called Zenger's with the best sandwiches I've ever had. I enjoy hanging out with Caleb and his brothers a lot, but sometimes I don't really feel like I'm totally in there. I guess it will just come with time. I've been having really great work outs lately. I've been running faster and longer than I have in a long time. It took me a while to get over the high altitude here, but now I'm feeling really good.
God:
It seems I'm finding new stuff out about God nearly every day. I think everyone goes through a phase where they think they know how things work, which is where I was for the past few months. It wasn't really pride. I think I was just getting to comfortable in my faith. Now I'm seeing how God likes to put surprises in our lives, not really to throw us off or to keep us on our toes, but just to show us how great life really is and to show Himself to us.
Conclusion:
Life is good. I love you all.

No comments: