Saturday, April 09, 2005

I'm not bitter, but the beer is.


Utah's Worst
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
I went over to the Wendt home tonight, and I usually take a six pack as kind of a hospitality gift. I've always believed variety is the spice of life, so I try to take something different each time. This time, as I was browsing at the shoppette, I came across something called "Polygamy Porter" which is actually brewed right here in Utah. It made me laugh pretty hard, you know, with the whole stereotypical Mormon trait being worked into something that is very anti-Mormon. So I bought a sixer. I'm going to pass on some advice to everyone: if you ever come across this beer, avoid it. Sure, it was humorous and worth trying, but definitely not worth a second shot. I wonder what else is out there. Inherited Planet Pale Ale? Temple Tequila? Cult Cognac? Or maybe Sacred Underwear Sambuca?

No comments: