Sunday, October 31, 2004

Uncle!

I give up. It's just too much, and I can't take it anymore. I've decided to avoid any kind of discussion, web site, television program, radio broadcast, or other propaganda relating to the election for the next three days. I've had my fill of it all. There's too much slander, back biting, animosity, and plain ol' hatin'. The only thing it does is provoke me and get me all ruffled. It saturates the media, and has begun to take over my normal thoughts leaving me anxious and edgy. Therefore, I will not discuss anything remotely political or do any kind of research into opinion polls, predictions, and the like until the last state's polls have closed and the tally is well underway. So, if you ask me a question about Bush or Kerry or stem-cell research or the economy or abortion or gay marriage or, heaven forbid, the war in Iraq and I run away with my hands over my ears and humming loudly, please don't get upset. I'll be back to normal Wednesday around 3:00 PM (JST), unless we have another debacle like in 2000. Then I'll just crawl up on my couch and wait for England to re-stake its claim on our country.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've taken the same stance you have on this whole thing. Arguing about politics is stupid. I can't wait until it's Wednesday night.

-Mike

Trish said...

over here in the good ole U.S. of A, it's even worse. signs everywhere, the commercials, the madness. good for you.

David McLaughlin said...

I think Kenny from south park said it best this past Sunday evening. "If my choices are between a turd sandwich and a giant dush, then I don't care to vote."